What is ear-suction?
Now our doctors are using a safer equipment to remove the ear wax or foreign objects. It is called micro-suction ear cleaning. It provides a water-free alternative to removing earwax by sucking it out via a gentle suction.
How long does it take?
Approximately 15-39 minutes
Is it painful?
Ear-suction can be noisy and you may feel some mild discomfort. If you experience any pain or dizziness, you should let your doctor know and the process can be stopped immediately.
What you need to do
Before your next appointment, you need to use Ear Clear or Olive-oil twice a day for 4 days prior to the appointment N.B: Please discontinue drops if ears become irritated or painful).
Direction for use
- Tilt head to one side or lie on your side.
- Place 5 drops in the ear.
- Keep head tilted for several minutes before turning to the other side.
- Put a piece of cotton wool in the outer ear to keep oil from leaking out
- Repeat the same procedure on the other ear.
Cost of procedure
On top of consultation fee: $50 and $20 for pensioners.